Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

First Half Marathon! Yes! Newbie Did It




Ronnita at my First Half Marathon


My Shirt, Medal Bling and Bib!!!
Okay, So I have been so excited since Sunday, March 23rd, in which I did my first Half Marathon. It is the Publix which is known to be the beast. Well it was so much fun, I did not sleep that night to well do to excitement. Me and  my wonderful Running mate Mary was so siked up. During the run I  did not have to use my music at all, me and my mate laugh the entire time and talk. The first six miles I  did intervals, as I did thorough out my training, boy, when I hit that 7 mile I opened up, it is like I feel like I'm just getting started. The volunteers were awesome cheering and yelling. I sort of waited to post this because it would bring me so much joy to share. As I started to reach the finish line and I could see it I started running evening faster to get my time as close as I wanted I made it at 2:56. I really was shooting for 2:45. but I am fine with that. Through this experience, I got a chance to find out a lot about myself and abilities mentally and physically. At the finish I felt some emotions well up, but I turned back around and not to consume myself but I turned around and shouted for my running mate to cross that line. I with running with my mate, she has inspired me a whole, lot, and we have just keep each other encouraged. She is a mom of four and truly a fighter in her own right. Still in Bliss what will be my next race in the running community? Will Post A update!!

Your Personal Cheerleader, Ronnita

No comments:

Post a Comment