Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Running Challenge: 14 Races in 2014

Well it is almost April, and I was talking with myself in January ( as most Runners do), To take on the Jill Conyers a wonderful Fitness Blogger challenge. 14 of 2014 Races. I was like, Okay that is a lot of Races and can I do this commitment?. Well, I have decided to jump in full force, I have 6 races already completed and still in my Half Marathon bliss mood, Yes, I can do this. As A Mom on a budget, a Newbie and hook on Running I love the feeling of the Race.  In that said it will be done. One issue that I am having with this commitment is first make sure I stick with a good budget so that it is not a burden but a lovely hobby I have embrace. At this time there are a lot of deals on future races for the Fall and 2015, however because of cost I am truly looking closely at my race budget. In addition, I have a conference that I want to attended that I am involved in my running group and it has a run and conference fees. I am even thinking over a particular race that is expensive to me and weight the pro's and cons. Such what will it benefit? is it a charity run, what will I get out of it? Along with this, I must remember the cost of summer race apparel, new running sneakers and etc. I want to make sure that I do the right thing and make right decisions for the race. Here is the List So Far of Race Completed and Races Coming Up
Atlanta Mission 5k 1/14 =Completed
Hot Chocolate 15k 1/14 = Completed
Mom's Run This Town 10K 2/14= Completed
Locomotive 5k 2/14=Completed
Silver Comet Trail 3/14= Completed
Georgia Publix Half Marathon 3/14 = Completed

Next on the List So Far:
Biggest Loser 10k- April
Mableton 5k- May
Memorial Day 10k- May
Red Hot Trail Run 5k- June ( New Trail Run!!)
HSBC 10k-June
Do You as a Runner or Fitness Lover, Have Challenges in Spending on your Hobby? Make Comments lets talk about it ?
Your Personal Cheerleader,
Ronnita

No comments:

Post a Comment