Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

2014 Rookie Running Challenge:Should you sign you for 14 races as a Goal?

I have been thinking about how many races should I do this year, and because I am a rookie, running 5 months and 2weeks I want to go "Gung Ho" but don't want to over do it and get burnout and plus balancing family life and responsibilities. Also, I have a some very season running mates and super ambitious ones that will run when duty calls. I also look at the races and have to give into account the running budget. How much will I invest this year, is it in my budget? will I give myself a limit? the answer is in the air. So for right now I have 4(three)races that are paid for and I am training. I truly thought about doing 14 races for 2014 challenge. But I have been thinking I just don't want to get far ahead of myself, post that commitment then stress out about it. At this time I am doing the following:
1.Atlanta Missions Homeless 5k
2. Hot Chocolate 15k (9.32)miles
3Mom's Run This Town 10k
4.Georgia Publix Half Marathon
I am doing my first 15k WOW! I would have never thought I would be doing this, Plus coming up training for my first Half Marathon, which is in March. WOW I looked at this before I got pregnant 2 years ago. Now I am in training for this one else well. So I will keep you all posted. On my training.
I will look at some races and I am thinking and researching some daily and prices. Will keep everyone posted.
Your Personal Cheerleader,
Ronnita

No comments:

Post a Comment