Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

January Winter Run Races In Full Effect

I completed two races this weekend that was so much fun. Saturday I did a 5k race for Atlanta Mission for the Homeless the funds are to raise money for those in need of temporary shelter. It was extra cold and I had to wear my mask which is so cute with pink designs. The second run was the McDonald's Hot Chocolate 15k! my first 9.32 miles. It was a much better temperatures, the run gave me a taste in how my up coming half marathon preparation. I did intervals the whole time and had a good pace and finish in 2hours. I could feel me pushing through at the 8 1/2 mark, this tells me I will need to prep very well for the half which I am working on now. Upcoming race is going to be a lot of fun, it is Mom's Run this Town Start Your Engines" 10k  it is virtual but I will run with a local group chapter. You get medal and a swag bag too!. The price point for the virtual is great it was $15.00 dollars woo whoo!. I will add a race coming up for February, which is the locomotive series 5k. The race is on a Sunday, I like that because I have a family and Sunday morning work really will.
Your Personal Cheerleader!
Ronnita

No comments:

Post a Comment