Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Meg's Miles:A Fellow runner, Mom, Wife and Community

As a Runner and believe in the freedom of going outside and enjoying running wit in your community.Meg, was a runner that was killed by a drunk driver during her run. I am sharing this because many runner's within our running community and I myself will dedicate our runs this weekend to her remembrance and family. It is always a chance when we go outside our homes and could be effected by an accident involving a drunk driver or someone under the influence of drugs or most recent texting and driving. In saying this, please keep your love ones in prayer when we live our homes for safety. Some steps to take as a runner outside is to run in a area that has side walks or a trail. Also if you are wearing ear buds take at least one out of your ear so that you can hear sounds for safety. Wear reflective wear so that you are visible, and try to have a partner or inform someone where you will be running and the location. Please don't forget to have and I.D. on you at all times. As I train tomorrow for hills I will dedicate my miles to Meg.
Your Personal Cheerleader,
Ronnita

No comments:

Post a Comment