Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

I have taken the Yoga Plunge!! But what Type of Yoga Should I do!!
















Hey readers, well how many times have you thought of incorporating something that will help you stretch, relax, and help with breathing?. Well I use to do yoga ( don't know what type it was) at my Gym some years back  and I remembered how much I loved it and how I became relaxed and more limber. Well since I am a fit for living Girl, I said self you need to revisit this. One of my favorite bloggers, is very good at it and she does so many poses. Since, I am at the beginning stages of this I will start with Hatha Yoga which is Gentle Yoga.
Hatha Yoga is the most widely practiced form of yoga in the world. Hatha Yoga uses postures (asana) and conscious breathing (Pranayama) in combination with mental focus to develop awareness, strength and flexibility, and relaxation. Through proper alignment and mindful actions of the body, Hatha Yoga brings balance, strength, and a sense of well-being to the practitioner.
Flow-Based Hatha Yoga uses movement and breath together to produce a "flow" of postures that lead from one to the next.
Benefits of Hatha Yoga
Builds strength
Increases flexibility and muscle tone
Brings focus to the mind
Encourages physical and mental balance
Develops proper body alignment
Reduces stress
Encourages a sense of calm and peace
Increases lung capacity for better breathing
My first session was on Tuesday, in which my toddler decided to join me, it was 35 minutes long, with a tape I used and with breathing technics. At the end I was so relaxed I was almost sleep. So this is a keeper. Stay tune for future updates.
Your Personal Cheerleader!!
Ronnita

No comments:

Post a Comment