Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Memorial Day Food, Family, Remembrance and You Know it A RACE!!!!




















Hey Readers, I know that this is a weekend in the U.S.A, that is the kick off of Summertime fun, family and activities. Food is a big thing awesome plus, remembering our soldiers that have giving their lives for freedom. Memorial Day started in remembrance to Union Soldiers that needed proper burial during battle for Civil War for the freedom of slaves. This weekend is a restful one for many, I other hand not resting because I have a toddler and those days are out the window! Saturday I took sometime for myself colored my hair etc. Still not decided on what we will eat for the celebration weekend but really would like some grilled food. I do not it much grilled food, and definitely will not want to overeat but will make the best of it. The weather has been great so far no rain, in which it normally does, the Holiday weekend, no run today so far, but I am contemplating it because will it is my me time. I do have a race tomorrow YEEPEE!! It is a Memorial Day 10k race with a finisher medal. Not all 10k have a finisher medal. I am looking forward to getting a great race in a good PR Personal Record. One of my Running mates we will meet up there in the morning and I will pick up my race packet in the morning. In addition to this month I did do a virtual run 5k, It was $8.00 to do. Not so sure on the virtual run thing? Once I receive the Medal I will post it and share my thoughts on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment